Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 2010 21:48:04 +0300
From:      Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   GSOC 2010 project idea

Good day!

I read the projects/ideas page and want to suggest include this project
into GSOC 2010 FreeBSD projects:

- Porting NetBSD UDF filesystem support

Current FreeBSD UDF code supports only very old revision of UDF
specification - we can't read CDs and DVDs, burned as default in windows
vista/7 etc; we can't burn disks with UDF on FreeBSD. And, as far i
know, current state of UDF support in FreeBSD - is a main stopper for
using Blueray media here. Opposite, NetBSD has last UDF spec revisions
support and has UDF burning support. It would be great if anybody can
sync NetBSD UDF code with ours.

Thanks.

--
Regards,