Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:07:18 +0200
From:      Vasyl Samoilov <mail@vas.org.ua>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Poor situation with snmp support in FreeBSD

25.03.2010 15:59, Shteryana Shopova написав(ла):

> We already have BSNMP listed on the SoC project ideas page :) The
> problem is we still need a developer to review and test the code
> before it can be imported. :)
>
> cheers,
> Shteryana
>
> P.S. Back to the thread topic - so the only problem the author is
> facing with bsnmp is that it lacks support for LLDP, do I understand
> correctly?

It's 3 problems:
1) No ARP support
2) Routing table not exported correctly (directly attached routes not
visible, maybe something else - at least it's nothing like netstat -rn
gives)
3) No LLDP support

for the future (I understand how hard it is to complete with limited
resources):
*Complete etherlike-mib for interface duplex information
* vlan information for interfaces / per-vlan mac address table for
bridge - freebsd as managed layer 2 device (I didn't dig deep into this
yet, considering the first 3 showstoppers)