Date:      Fri, 22 May 2015 18:37:17 -0700
From:      Jeffry Killen <jekillen@prodigy.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp timeouts?

Hi;

I have a set up using an installation or FreeBSD 10.1 as a web
development server.
I use another machine on local network to connect to it via ftp. But I
notice the ftp
connection from the client is dropped after a certain amount of
inactivity.  If I open a file
and spend too much time editing the file before saving back to the
server, the connection
is delayed for some 30 seconds before the save process is executed.

It also seems to be using SFTP because when I first make the
connection my
ftp client (gui Fetch on Mac OSX 10.6x) asks me to enter the password
even
though it is already in the shortcut record.

What configuration file would this be dependent on. And what value(s)?

Note: I do have ftp called by inetd.

Thanks for time and attention
JK