Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:12:17 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        Alex Zhang <alex@e.zc0.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virtual Network Interface Card

On 12/17/10 10:30 AM, Alex Zhang wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just wonder that if there are virtual nic functionalities which
> provides MAC address?

there are many ways to do this but yes most of the virtualy
interfaces do provide a way to set the MAC address (e.g. the tap driver)
however it is not clear that you need to have virtual interfaces to run
multiple DHCP sessions
> I need to run ISC DHCP Server on 4 different IP's within one sever,
> however I have only 2 NICs connected to the server. I need different
> MAC Address for those IPs in order to run it properly, so bxn0:l
> styled cards won't work.  Solaris VNIC will just work for me, however
> I would like to use FreeBSD,

are the four addresses on a single IP network?

are there vlans involved?
COULD there be vlans involved (it may make things easier)
what does the network look like.