Date:      Thu, 04 Aug 2011 17:47:02 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Ewald Jenisch <a@jenisch.at>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrades fail because of missing /usr/local/lib/liblzma.la

--------------enig30AA8A776B258AF16E078A17

On 04/08/2011 13:14, Ewald Jenisch wrote:
> So I tried "portupgrade -arR" again - sure enough it failed with the
> same errors:
>=20
> /usr/local/lib/liblzma.la: No such file or directory
>=20
> So how can I rebuild all ports that depend on "xz" without even
> knowing which ones depend on xz (because pkg_info -Rx says nothing
> depends on xz)??

Do you know which port is causing that error message to be emitted?

If you can identify it, then a little sleuthing in the ports it depends
on may well turn up some clues.  It's a matter of looking at the
Makefiles for the ports further up the dependency tree to see if they
would have a dependency on xz(1) or liblzma in older versions of
FreeBSD; try grepping Makefiles for  'DEPENDS.*/archivers/xz'

Then try rebuilding those ports, and so on up the dependency tree until
you get to the problem port.

Or you can sledgehammer it, by forcibly rebuilding everything that the
complaining port depends on --

   portupgrade -fR portname

(IIRC.  I may have mixed up the 'r' and 'R' flags there) or

   portmaster -f portname

That could take a lot of time and CPU cycles but it will probably sort
things out in the end.

Also, what do you get from this command:

% ldconfig -r | grep lzma
	38:-llzma.5 =3D> /usr/lib/liblzma.so.5

Unless the output is similar to as shown, you've got a stray copy of
liblzma.so floating about that may be confusing things.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3