Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2011 17:59:07 +0100
From:      Gerhard Schmidt <schmidt@ze.tum.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hardwire scsi busses

--------------enigA20ACE323AEC60400F49B309

--------------020900040405020509000306

Hello list

i'm setting up a FreeBSD system with two SCSI controller.
One Ataptec (ahd) and a 3Ware Raid posing as SCSI Controller.

The 3ware Raid is the Main Harddisk and on the ahd controll is an
external scsi Raid that sometime isn't up.

My Problem ist that the ahd ist scsibus0 and the twa is scsibus1.

When I boot the system with the external raid aktiv the external raid
(ahd) will be da0 and the internal raid (twa) will be da1 and the system
doesn't boot becaus the bootdisks are on da1 on not on da0.

How can I hardwire the ahd to become scsibus1 and the twa to become
scsibus0, that regardless if the external raid is online the boot disk
is allways da0 an the extern raid ist da1 if online.

Regards
	Estartu

--=20
Gerhard Schmidt    | http://www.augusta.de/~estartu    |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                   |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | JabberID: estartu@augusta.de      |  on request
Germany            |                                   |