Date:      Wed, 04 Jul 2012 21:57:46 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kimmo Paasiala <kpaasial@gmail.com>
Cc:        bapt@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PKGNG: SHLIBS causes pkg segfault on some ports

--------------enig75BD0A8A2B9697D8B736D69B

On 04/07/2012 20:32, Kimmo Paasiala wrote:
> I have the SHLIBS feature turned on in /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf and I'm
> getting segfaults in the final stage of installation with some ports.
>=20
> Here is the tail end of a log from building databases/db42 with SHLIBS =
on:
>=20
> http://pastebin.com/3AqMdptc
>=20
> Backtrace from gdb:
>=20
> http://pastebin.com/V3QY1Mmm
>=20
> What seems to be common for ports that cause pkg to segfault is that
> they have at least some C++ code in them. Another thing in common is
> that the backtrace always shows "libm.so.5" in test_depends () before
> dlopen () and the _rtld_get_stack_prot () frames.
>=20
> Operating system is FreeBDS 9-STABLE r237674 amd64. I have the whole
> system compiled with CLANG including ports, /usr/bin/cc is CLANG.
>=20
> I'm not seeing the same problem on 9.0-RELEASE powerpc with the system
> and ports compiled with the stock gcc if that helps.

Thank you very much for your report.

This is a known problem: https://github.com/pkgng/pkgng/issues/263

If you know of any other ports that segfault in the same way, please let
us know by updating that issue on github.  It could be C++ related, but
there are a lot of C++ ports that can be built perfectly well with
SHLIBS enabled, so it's a bit more subtle than that.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.