Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2001 14:47:56 -0800
From:      Christopher Knight <merlin@ghostwheel.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freeBSD.org
Subject:   NMI blowout during make buildworld.

My system:

   P3-550/256M SDRAM (possibly ECC)
   Intel SE44BX-2 motherboard with p17 BIOS
   IDE boot disk with a vinum mirror for my webspace
   Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI adapter
   3Com 3c905B-TX Fast Etherlink XL

The OS is FreeBSD 4.3-BETA.  I have been having crashes during make
buildworld lately, so I wound up building a new kernel today.  The kernel
is up-to-date while the rest of the system is out of sync by a few weeks.

Here is what I got on the serial console today while running a buildworld:

Fatal trap 19: non-maskable interrupt trap while in kernel mode
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc025ffdc
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xd2c4edb4
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xd2c4ede4
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                         = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 57014 (cpp)
interrupt mask          = none
trap number             = 19
panic: non-maskable interrupt trap

syncing disks... 133 132 119 103 79 50 21 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
done
Uptime: 1h0m22s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
Rebooting...

Any and all assistance appreciated!  The machine is in a co-lo facility
3000 miles away...  If I can fix this from remote, great.  If it looks like
a hardware problem I want to be able to get it fixed on the first pass.  :)

If there is any other information I can provide, just let me know.

Thanks!

-ck