Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:35:16 -0500
From:      Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
To:        "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>, "Dan Nelson" <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: MP3 Conversion Port?

At 08:25 AM 7/23/2002 -0700, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>Thank you for your answer.  So it's not as simple as just discarding
>some data to lower the bit rate?  I was just trying to save some disk
>space as 128K mp3s sound good to me.  Well I guess it's off to eBay to
>shop for an additional drive. :)
>
>Cheers,

Correct.  You'd need to go back to source media (CD?) and re-encode @ 128k
to achieve this.

I prefer 192k, personally.  Disk is inexpensive. ;-)  I had fun this past
weekend and
ripped/encoded ~150 CDs from collection.  With any luck I'll be able to
finish the
rest this weekend.  I love buying CDs, but I hate dealing with
them.  Everything
goes right to hard drive now.

--
Christopher Schulte