Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:53:17 -0500
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   g++ compile issue wscoll with YahooPOPs

I'm having an issue getting YahooPOPs! to compile on FreeBSD, which uses
g++.   The author tells me:

The "wcscoll" problem is the same bug that reached out and "bit" me during
my Cygwin port attempt. Haven't had a chance to run this bug down yet. It
seems to have something to do with "wide characters" which cygwin does not
support yet. Since there is some family relationship between FreeBSD and
Cygwin (way back, IIRC) that this is a common failure is not a big surprise.
<<<<<

The actual error message is:

<<<<<<<

g++ -Wno-non-template-friend -g -I. -I../common -I../common/lib/re_lib
-I/usr/local/ssl/include -I../common/lib/mimepp/src
-I../common/lib/mimepp/examples/email -D_REENTRANT -c DataHolder.cpp
In file included from DataHolder.h:51,
from DataHolder.cpp:58:
../common/StdString.h: In function `__wchar_t sstoupper(__wchar_t)':
../common/StdString.h:906: implicit declaration of function `int
towupper(...)'
../common/StdString.h: In function `int sscoll(const __wchar_t *, int,
const __wchar_t *, int)':
../common/StdString.h:1348: implicit declaration of function `int
wcscoll(...)'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/local/src/hotwayd/yahoopops-0.3.9.1/unix.
gmake: *** [all] Error 1

I wonder if someone has run into this with other ports/compiles/issues --
and if there is a fix or workaround for the issue.

Thanks,
Forrest