Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2012 13:58:54 +0200
From:      Brent Clark <brentgclarklist@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   KVM attach drive to FreeBSD guest

Hiya

Im running FreeNas on a KVM guest. I need to add (attach) a virtual drive.

I run:
qemu-img create -f qcow2 morespace.img 10G

virsh:
attach-disk freenas /space/morespace.img vdb

I restart the FreeNas guest, but the spare drive is not shown on 'gpart list or show'

To make extra sure, I did the same steps for a Debian guest. The attached drive is available.

So I can only assume this is a FreeBSD issue.

Anyone know how to attach a drive to a FreeBsD KVM guest?

Kind Regards
Brent Clark