Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2003 09:00:35 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Matt" <matt@xtaz.co.uk>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cardbus and xircom ethernet problem

M. Warner Losh said:

> This means that there are problems reading the CIS.

Any idea how I can go about trying to get it working? I have never used a
laptop with freebsd before and obviously it just "works" in windows so I'm
not even aware of what a "CIS" is. I've tried all the stuff mentioned in
the archives such as hw.cbb.start_memory=(tried various things here), and
hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range=1 as this seems to be the most common
problem but it hasn't made a difference.

So is there anything else I can do? Or is it simply a case that this
hardware does not work under fbsd?

Matt.

--
email: matt@xtaz.co.uk - web: http://xtaz.co.uk/
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.