Date:      Thu, 06 Sep 2012 13:29:59 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RUN_DEPENDS=: not respected? Bug?

--------------enig97483A75D7D2C45AE7CA4F3F

--------------060506010408090707050407

Working on a small port for OpenCL support for CPUs via "freeocl",
I run into a problem (runing FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT).

The port requires devel/libatomic_ops, which installs a static library
/usr/lcoal/lib/libatomic_ops.a.

Following the instructions in the Porter's Handbook for FreeBSD, I added
a line

RUN_DEPENDS=3D
${LOCALBASE}/lib/libatomic_ops.a:${PORTSDIR}/devel/libatomic_ops

It seems that this line never gets touched! It never take any action as
described in the handbook.

The logic in the handbook is quite clear. Even if the file isn't found,
there should be a installation triggered! But it doens't. I tested my
point with the tag

LIB_DEPENDS=3D

which is for shared libraries according to the handbook. The build and
installation process always gets involved and triggered, even if it
fails later on, when the requiring port doesn't find the shared library
it would expect.

It seems this is a bug according to the Porter's Handbook.

Oliver

--------------060506010408090707050407

PORTNAME=3D               freeocl
PORTVERSION=3D            0.3.6
CATEGORIES=3D             devel

MAINTAINER=3D             ports@FreeBSD.org
COMMENT=3D                FreeOCL - a free OpenCL implementation for CPU

#MASTER_SITES=3D          http://freeocl.googlecode.com/files/FreeOCL-0.3=
=2E6-src.tar.gz
MASTER_SITES=3D           http://freeocl.googlecode.com/files/
DISTNAME=3D               FreeOCL-${PORTVERSION}-src

WRKSRC=3D			${WRKDIR}/FreeOCL-${PORTVERSION}-Source

USE_CMAKE=3D		YES
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=3D	Release

USE_GCC=3D		4.6+

#CXXFLAGS+=3D		-stdlib=3Dlibc++

=2Einclude <bsd.port.pre.mk>

RUN_DEPENDS=3D		${LOCALBASE}/lib/libatomic_ops.a:${PORTSDIR}/devel/libato=
mic_ops

=2Einclude <bsd.port.post.mk>