Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2012 23:37:22 +0100
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: url of the current page in xhtml.xsl

On 2012.12.23. 20:18, Eitan Adler wrote:

>> >1. Not the most trivial.
>> >2. Probably it does not compensate the added quirks.
> Okay.  Is there an alternate way to insert the header?  How is
> <title> handled?
If you take a look at the source files, you can see the title explicitly
included in each one. Title is very different from this since it is
something that cannot be inferred from the source file location. As for
canonical path, it can usually be inferred. Hardcoding them like titles
would be redundant and too verbose. If you want to infer them, that is
not possible from XSLT 1.0 (nor EXSLT) code. The only thing you can do
is pass an XSLT parameter from outside that contains the relative path
that has to be appended after the http://www.FreeBSD.org/ URI. This
needs to be done for each file and you have to take into account the
source folder not just the filename.

Gabor