Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2013 10:45:53 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-dtrace@freebsd.org
Cc:        avg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: update to dtrace disassembler

El 28/07/2013 3:54 a. m., Andriy Gapon escribió:

> Guys,
>
> I would like to finally commit the following change:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/dtrace-disassm-osol.diff
>
> It should bring DTrace x86 disassembler code to the latest version that was
> available in OpenSolaris.  My plan is to later merge any Illumos changes to this
> code.

Thank you, very nice!

> Could you please test and/or review this?
> Also, is there any kind of mergeinfo that should make for this commit?
> So that the later merges are easier to do.
>
> In general, what are the current practices for DTrace merges from Illumos?
> I recall that the original DTrace code ported from OpenSolaris did not have any
> kind of information that would correlate it to the upstream.

The only rule I know of is to copy new files from the vendor area.

It is rather important to note where the change comes from so I have
been using a template with the revision number and/or Illumos issue
number inspired on similar commit logs for ZFS.

I usually find it easier to take the references/patches from the
illumos-gate bitbucket.

Nope that helps,

Pedro.