Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2014 00:15:42 +0100
From:      Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>
To:        CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GSoC proposition: Intel HD Xorg + console fixup, video acceleration if possible

On 03/12/14 18:08, CeDeROM wrote:
> My proposition is to fix the current Intel HD Xorg driver so we have
> console back again. Video hardware acceleration for Intel video
> drivers if possible.

This is being worked on, and is probably not suited for a GSoC project.
If you are interested in testing, please install FreeBSD 11 or A recent
FreeBSD-10-stable and add WITH_NEW_XORG= to /etc/make.conf and recompile
all xorg related ports.  To get VT-switching there is vt(9) both in 11
and 10-stable, please check it out!
See https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics for more information.
Regards!
--