Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 2014 10:39:27 -1000
From:      Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pf on Freebsd 10

Aloha,

Code  has changed for pf under FreeBSD. I have tried to make a firewall
using FreeBSD 10 but some of the new code doesnt work?

Is it possible to use pf on FreeBSD 10 as a firewall for a web server
and a mail server on a single public IP using nat?

The problem is that it seems that pf code works on Open BSD 5.* where
the FreeBSD 10 is not accepting the current pf version code. Only some
code works now on FreeBSD 9 and 10.

Should I make the firewall on a Open BSD box or is there a how to
get the newer code to work with FreeBSD 10? Or is one of our gurus
working on up grading the FreeBSD pf?

Is there some where that the version of pf that works with FreeBSD 10 is
named? Handbook is vague as to what works for pf. It seems that many of
the new commands for the Open BSD 5 * pf arent recognized by the FreeBSD
10  release.

Thanks for any help.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* - 10*