Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:10:24 +0200
From:      Kurt Erik Lindqvist <kurtis@kurtis.pp.se>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NEWCARD

--On Tuesday, July 09, 2002 23:47:09 -0700 Julian Elischer
<julian@elischer.org> wrote:

> the new code has been tweeked for gcc 3.1
>
> in 3.1 you need foo[]
> in 2.95 you needed foo[0]
>
> you can follow the instructions in /usr/src/Makefile
> specifically the make buildkernel bit
> to make both the new compiler and build the kernel with it.

Thanks!

Now I ofcourse have two additional questions....

1) When trying to insert a Cisco Aironet 340 adapter, I get thrown to the
db> prompt after it has found the card (which it seems to do nicely). If I
boot with it inserted, I only get to the detection, then the boot stops. At
boot up dmesg says the following on the bridge :

cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on pccbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on pccbb0
pccbb1: <TI1450 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0x41180000-0x41180fff irq 11 at
device 4
.1 on pci0
cardbus1: <CardBus bus> on pccbb1
pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on pccbb1

2) I discovered that if I try to login while the machine is doing
background fsck, I also get thrown into db>. Otherwise, it's stable.

Best regards,

- kurtis -