Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 2014 16:29:03 +0200
From:      Alexandr Krivulya <shuriku@shurik.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best experience with Thinkpad suspend/resume

22.11.2014 14:09, PeerCorps Trust Fund пишет:
> Dear mobile-users,
>
> We are considering the acquisition of about 40 Thinkpad laptops intended to be deployed in schools as teaching tools.
>
> For a significant number of reasons we have selected stock FreeBSD to run on these systems. It is not an absolute deal breaker but we are looking for the Thinkpad model providing the best suspend/resume support under FreeBSD. I've scoured the Internet and have essentially learned that the T520 and the T530 might be the best bet.
>
> Can others confirm this is still the case under FreeBSD 10.1? Any other models/suggestions would be extremely appreciated.
>
> Mike

Hello!
I have Thinkpad E530 (Ivy Bridge) and suspend/resume works very well on
stable and current. The only two issues are:

1. Before suspend I need to switch kern.eventtimer.timer from HPET to
LAPIC (this enabled by default). With HPET it does not resume.
2. With Composite enabled in X11 I need patch [1] to avoid some screen
garbage after resume. Without Composite all works fine.

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2013-October/013727.html