Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:04:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "kalin mintchev" <kalin@el.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xorg/gnome slow on different network

hi all...

i noticed that when i take my laptop to work and change the network
settings in rc.conf before starting xorg after i do startx the whole
xorg/gnome experience gets slowed down. first xorg takes it's time to
start and then load gnome, window manager etc.
and then all applications in gnome take about 30 - 60 seconds to start.
when i get back home and change the rc.conf back to my home settings th
xorg starts quickly and all the applications start at normal speed - 4 - 5
sec.

can anybody explain please?

thanks...