Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 96 11:50:59 CST
From:      "Wayne M. Barnes, Ph.D." <barnes@biodec.wustl.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   help find compiler, please.

----- Forwarded message begins here -----
From: David Gordon  <gordon@genome.washington.edu>
To: barnes
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 96 9:33:15 PDT
Subject: Re: consed port request.
Hi, Wayne,

We have searched in vain for a C++ compiler on FreeBSD/Linux that is
robust enought to be able to compile Rogue Wave class templates.  g++
just isn't there yet.  We did find one other compiler, and it failed
also.  If you know of one that will do it, let us know.

David

> Dear David,
>
>       I would like to request again that you compile consed on FreeBSD.
> I have my FreeBSD system working quite well, and I would be willing to
> share my installation tips with other consed users.  I see you are
> considering ports to other operating systems.  FreeBSD should be a lower
> threshold than NT, since it is still unix.
>
>       I won't be at Hilton Head, but I hope you have a good time there.
>

> Wayne M. Barnes, Ph.D.            Biochemistry Dept. 8231
> Washington University School of Medicine        home fax 314.434-3808
> 660 South Euclid Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110             USA
> 314/362-3351   Barnes@biodec.wustl.edu  fax: 314/362-7183

David Gordon                                    gordon@genome.washington.edu
Dept. of Molecular Biotechnology                (206) 685-4465
Box 352145                                      FAX: (206) 685-7344
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195

------ Forwarded message ends here ------