Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 2016 10:44:21 -0553.75
From:      "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
Subject:   Re: GCC5: pkg vs. ports

On 02/01/16 10:18, Kubilay Kocak wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> You may be seeing a previously saved config, try make rmconfig then
> check again, or look at OPTIONS_DEFAULT inside Makefile
>
> You're correct, if graphite *is* a default option, the package should
> have it . Only other thing I can think of is a silent graphite build
> failure that isn't fatal, resulting in a built but incomplete package.
> Unlikely all else being equal though
>
> Let us know what you find
>
> ./koobs
>
> On 2 Feb 2016 3:06 AM, "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net
> <mailto:wam@hiwaay.net>> wrote:
>

>     I just did a full 'pkg upgrade' on my FBSD 9.3R box, which
>     installed the newest GCC5. I also updated ports. When I used the
>     pkg-provided GCC5, it doesn't have graphite support enabled, so no
>     auto-parallelization. When I checked the port w/ make showconfig.
>     it shows graphite enabled. I am recompiling it as I write this,
>     but I thought the pkg was/is configured from the port & would have
>     graphite enabled by default, w/ no recompile needed on my part, no
>     ? I have the various other pkg's req'd for graphite support
>     pkg-installed (& just updated this A.M.), so I thought I was ready
>     to go. Not a huge issue, but recompiling the compiler shoots about
>     an hour on my box, would be sweet to avoid that. TIA for any clues
>     & have a good one.
>

>     --
>
>             William A. Mahaffey III

My build failed right at the end:

# Add target libraries and include files to packaging list.
/bin/rm -f -f /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/PLIST.lib
cd /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/stage/usr/local ; if [ -d lib/gcc5 ];
then  /usr/bin/find lib/gcc5 -type f -o -type l
 >>/usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/PLIST.lib ; fi
cd /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/stage/usr/local ; if [ -d
libexec/gcc5 ]; then  /usr/bin/find libexec/gcc5 -type f -o -type l
 >>/usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/PLIST.lib ; fi
cd /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/stage/usr/local ; if [ -d include/gcj
]; then  /usr/bin/find include/gcj -type f -o -type l
 >>/usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/PLIST.lib ; fi
cd /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/stage/usr/local ; if [ -d include/gnu
]; then  /usr/bin/find include/gnu -type f -o -type l
 >>/usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/PLIST.lib ; fi
cd /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/stage/usr/local ; if [ -d
include/java ]; then  /usr/bin/find include/java -type f -o -type l
 >>/usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/PLIST.lib ; fi
cd /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/stage/usr/local ; if [ -d
include/javax ]; then  /usr/bin/find include/javax -type f -o -type l
 >>/usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/PLIST.lib ; fi
cd /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work ; /usr/bin/sed -i -e "/PLIST.lib/ r
PLIST.lib" /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel/work/.PLIST.mktmp
====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
===>   Installing ldconfig configuration file
===>  Installing for gcc5-devel-5.3.1.s20160126
===>  Checking if gcc5-devel already installed
===>   An older version of gcc5-devel is already installed
(gcc5-devel-5.3.1.s20160119)
       You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
       by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
       If you really wish to overwrite the old port of gcc5-devel
       without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
       in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** [check-already-installed] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel.
*** [install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/gcc5-devel.
      2983.69 real      9852.39 user       807.15 sys

Completed at 10:33:36 AM MCST on Monday, February  1, 2016

i.e. it wouldn't overwrite the pkg-installed version (I think). I (think
I) recall having to do a 'make FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=1 install' or some
such before, or just use the version down in the stage directory ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                            -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.