Date:      Fri, 09 Dec 2016 15:56:58 +0100
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sporadic CAM (all devices) outage on 11-stable, mps(4), ahci(4) and bhyve(8) involved.

 Bezüglich Steven Hartland's Nachricht vom 09.12.2016 15:43 (localtime):
> Bad memory or CPU?

Quiet sure that this can be ruled out.
It's a IvyBridge Xeon and ECC memory and neither BMC nor the OS
registrerd any MCE.
And, the machine is still operational (from cache, true for both, guest
and host) until something from disk is needed...

The machine doesn't show any problems without heavy bhyve-ahci-load.
I'll see if changing ahci, to virtio-blk changes anything.
At least for this other still (r309605) present odditiy
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2016-October/086157.html
it doesn't make a difference, while I found virtio-blk beeing some
orders of magnitude faster for unlinking UFS files - most likely due to
lacking TRIM supprt. But on bare metal deleting a object tree on a SSD
(with enabled TRIM support) doesn't take 10 minutes...

Thanks,

-Harry