Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2001 19:45:13 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   as2100 saga continues: memory trouble? *sigh*

Dear All,

I found some time again to fight with the old AS2100. It's now taken out of
the development cycle of our project (thank goodness), and I'm only
continuing because I cannot stand a machine that resists me installing
FreeBSD on it. :-)

When I type "show memory" on the monitor prompt I see that I have one memory
board with 128MB (which is good) but it also says "bad pages 4096" (which I
suspect is bad). I cannot remove the one board, for obvious reasons.

Does this mean my box is borked? If the memory board is broken how much for
a new one, and where to get one?

I removed all excess hardware (mylex controller, de422 board, second CPU
board, tape streamer), but still no luck.

    Kees Jan