Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 2017 21:34:01 -0600
From:      "A. Wilcox" <AWilcox@Wilcox-Tech.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Deprecating / Removing floppy drive support

--sx0m1fmKqE6FxewKL2VArQh2he5bbIcId

On 02/12/17 21:09, Warner Losh wrote:
> the older x86 that required it doesn't run FreeBSD anymore
> anyway.

is this an official acknowledgement of the PR that I attempted to file
before I even changed my name[1] but was shooed away because "it works
in qemu"?

n.b. printf never succeeded even at the beginning of init386; at that
point my day job was far too pressing to continue tinkering for a while.
 Of course, I gave up completely after being called an idiot for even
trying[2].

Not that such an acknowledgement would make me /happy/ (on the contrary,
my last FreeBSD computer is a Pentium II that is still clinging to
9-stable because 10 and 11 don't boot on it; haven't tried 12), but at
least the project seems(?) to be ready to acknowledge that the hardware
notes for x86 are a bold face lie[3] and that FreeBSD does *not* support
chips that don't have SSE any more.

--arw

[1]:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2015-February/054659.=