Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:34:22 +0100
From:      Denny Schierz <linuxmail@4lin.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fighting with vnet / jails epair and so on

hi,

I've created a new patch (adapted the old freebsd-9RC2 patch) for =
/etc/rc.d/jail:

The original patch:

http://wiki.polymorf.fr/files/jail_rc.patch

My patch:

http://pastebin.com/9LdLwaNA

It works (was very happy) if you start the jail, but has problems with =
stopping: it shows in jls still as active:

 # jls
   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
     1  -               template.domain /jails/template

If I try to remove with "jail -r 1" than first the process hang, second =
after while, the whole machine needs a reset. There is no process from =
the jail active, nor any epair* interfaces or mounts, which is quite =
good, but ...

I you try to create the jail again (after /etc/rc.d/jail stop), it tries =
to create the epair0a (the last I can see) interface and than it hangs =
again -> reset needed

Also nice to know:

# umount  /jails/template=20
umount: unmount of /jails/template failed: Device busy

Also not possible: a normal reboot after starting / stopping the jail. =
-> reset needed

cu denny=