Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:06:43 -0700
From:      Tyler Gee <geekout@gmail.com>
To:        Mervin McDougall <mcd_advisory@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Time to shut down this list?

I agree that -newbies is important for people who are otherwise too
intimidated to post to -questions or anything else.  I know that when
I first started (which was only a year ago), I *never* would have felt
comfortable posting to a regular list, not because people there were
necessarily mean but because I felt my questions were too stupid.

I think if you get rid of -newbies you are going to see a lot of
people too scared to ask questions which means they risk moving away
from FreeBSD or you are going to see -questions inundated with
questions that will annoy people who don't want to deal with questions
that newbies tend to have.

I don't know what the problem is as people can merely unsubscribe from
-newbies.  Personally I read through them and try to help people out
when I can.

Let's be honest, how else can we achieve our goals of world domination
if we are not nice to the little people. :)

Happy holidays all!

-wtgee