Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 1996 19:24:54 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Kevin Quinlan <Kevin.Quinlan@isltd.insignia.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More  Problems installing FreeBSD 2.1

Hi again,

Having got no further and found nothing relevant in your archives, I
thought I would try again.

> I have a Pentium 100 system, with an Award BIOS and a BusLogic BT-946C
> SCSI controller, to which I have attached a Seagate Hawk ST31230N and a
> Seagate Barracuda ST32550N and a PanaSOnic CR-504-B CDROM drive.

I have forced the geometry of the disk using the utility on the CDROM,
the name of which escapes me at present.

I have put a small DOS partitition at the front of the disk (which I
don't really want by the way), as this seems to make the whole thing
go further.

But I consistently get a kernel panic (Fault code supervisor read,
page not present) while the installer is copying files off the CD.

Are there any known problems with the configuration that I have, is
there any other way that I can try of installing the O/S to get around
this type of problem?

Any tips appreciated.

Regards

Kevin Quinlan