Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2018 02:44:45 +0300
From:      Christos Chatzaras <chris@cretaforce.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [hasse@bara1.se: dovecot error on boot up] (RePost)

> Hello
> After latest update/upgrade I get this for me strange error on the
> boot up screen :
>=20
> dovecot error:t_readlink(var/run/dovecot//dovecot.conf) failed: =
readlink() failed: No such file or directory
> Then : Starting dovecot
>=20

What was the previous version of dovecot and what the new version?

I use dovecot-2.3.1 and there is a new version in ports tree 2.3.1_1 =
which I haven't upgrade yet.

Do you see this error only on your screen or it shows it in logs too? I =
want to try to reproduce this error and need to know if I need KVM =
connected to the server.

/var/run/dovecot/dovecot.conf is a link to =
/usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

Do you have chroot for dovecot? Maybe /var/run/dovecot is not mounted =
yet when dovecot starts and this is the reason for this message.=