Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:13:34 +0200
From:      "Adrian Penisoara" <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
To:        lists@stringsutils.com
Cc:        baigsabeeh@gmail.com, freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xen Status

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com> wrote:
> On 2:51 am 08/21/08 "Adrian Penisoara" <ady@freebsd.ady.ro> wrote:
>> I agree with you that we need more virtualization offerings in order
>> to keep the [Free]BSD platform interesting for the users. I guess
>
> I wrote to the FreeBSD foundation asking them if they were doing anything
> about virtualization and their answer was that they has requested from the
> community project suggestions for them to fund.

 Right, heard about budgeting for projects. Nice twist to get funded
for such work -- maybe we could put something on the table, but we
need strong references.

> I am thinking whether we should approach the developers in VirtualBox
> (which I think was purchased by Sun..) and see if they have anyone what

 Correct, Sun bought the product and they are offering it as dual
products (OSE sourcecode and xVM packaged binaries; note: xVM is free
only for Personal Use / evaluation).

> could work on a FreeBSD port and have the FreeBSD foundation pay for the
> work. I for one would definitely donate to the FreeBSD foundation towards
> virtualization work.

  I seem to remember some discussions about people trying to work on
this. If funding is also available then I guess there are more chances
to get something finished.
  I will also lookup on this.

Regards,
Adrian.