Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 1997 02:25:41 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        Gary Kendall <gdk@ccomp.inode.COM>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

> In that case, what is compress still doing in FreeBSD? Are you -sure-
> there are no non-games trademarked programs in the source? How about
> patented algorithms?

I'm sure we'll get to those in due time.

> I think you are being heavy handed and pessimistic. I -like- rogue and
> larn, and I don't think I'm alone.

It's not a question of what you like, it's a question of how to
distribute this stuff in a more effective and less "exposed" manner.
Just because a topic pisses you off should not prevent you from
thinking of and implementing reasonable compromises.

> Or, go ahead and let lawyers dictate the code you write. After all,
> they are the ones you must serve, eh?

No, they are simply the ones who sue.  I think you've had too little
experience with the sharp end of our wonderful legal system to really
comment knowledgably on this whole topic, so why don't we just agree
to disagree here?

					Jordan