Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:51:40 +0900
From:      Hiroyuki Hanai <hanai@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike@perlguru.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SSH in 4.1 RELEASE for NonUS users

> Since installing 4.1-RELEASE from my local Australian mirror and trying to
> connect using SSH,
> I get this message at the console:-
>
> Jul 29 17:26:09 gateway sshd[1239]: ** RSAPrivateDecrypt: Unable to find an
> RSAREF shared library (librsaref.so). Install the
> /usr/ports/security/rsaref port or package and run this program again. See
> the OpenSSL chapter in the FreeBSD Handbook, located at
> http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/openssl.html, for more information.
> Jul 29 17:26:09 gateway sshd[1239]: fatal: rsa_private_decrypt() failed

This is because you didn't have librsaINTL.(a|so) installed.
I guess your Australian mirror is the mirror of ftp.freebsd.org.

One solution is to make world with USA_RESIDENT=NO if you have sources
installed.
Another is to install 4.1-RELEASE again from some `international' site
such as current.jp.freebsd.org.

good luck,

h.hanai