Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:16:50 -0700
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with FreeBSD 4.2

Hi,

I installed FreeBSD 4.2 on my home PC last week and
everything installed fine except for the desktop managers.

When I tried to install KDE, I got the following errors:

>Add of package xpm-3.4k aborted, error code 1-
>Please check the debug screen for more info

>acd0: READ_BIG_MEDIUM ERROR asc=11
>ascq=05 error=00

In fact, I got these errors when trying to install any of
the desktop managers.

Could I have received a bad copy (on CD) of FreeBSD 4.2?

Would it be possible to use /stand/sysinstall and load KDE
from my old 3.4 CD ROM set?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe