Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:57:41 -0000
From:      Daniel Podolsky <daniel.podolsky@twelvehorses.com>
To:        "'Micke Josefsson'" <mj@isy.liu.se>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Can I get ipfw to log to a file?

This is just example from my /etc/syslog.conf
[begin]
!ipfw
*.*                                             /var/log/ipfw.log
[end]

You should
1) add these lines to you  /etc/syslog.conf
2) create the /var/log/ipfw.log (touch /var/log/ipfw.log)
3) restart syslogd
4) change /etc/newsyslog.conf for rotate the /var/log/ipfw.log
for example, it should contain "/var/log/ipfw.log                       640
31    *    @T00  Z"

Good luck