Date:      26 Oct 1999 02:54:26 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: easy to use editor and CVSUP

Joel Björk <u98jobj@stud.hh.se> writes:

> This isn't really for -questions so I'm trying it here.
>
> I installed 3.2 RELEASE a while back since I'm going to put up a server.
> Everything was just dandy and I used emacs under X as my primary editor.
>
> It's now time to setup the server which will be managed through SSH and
> nothing else.  The install went fine and I went on to install Emacs since
> I'm not really happy about using vi.

Perhaps it's another of those religious-war things, but I have been using
`joe' as the primary editor on a site that is accessed only through ssh in our
university campus.  Joe is small enough to cause you no head-aches when
installing, it's got a simple configuration file, and its' `C-k X' keystrokes
might make you Emacs user feel a bit like home.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]