Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:40:50 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, Jason Morgan <jwm-freebsd-xll@sentinelchicken.net>
Subject:   Re: X troubles (possibly radeon related)

Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net> writes:

> I would probably switch to "radeon" without DRI.  If that doesn't work,
> "vesa".  Nobody uses "vga", so it may be broken.

I've tried "radeon" without DRI but get blue blotches in Mozilla and
GAIM and some others where graphics shoudl be. Others have commented
they get the same.

I can use VESA but can't configure it to drive my big LCD, it doesn't
want to do the 19200x1600; I think the most it did was 1600x1200.  If
there's a way to do this I'm all ears.

Thanks.