Date:      13 Nov 1996 19:13:48 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com>
To:        "Craig Shaver" <craig@ProGroup.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tekram SCSI won't boot?

>> I'm currently back to using the sea0 driver, so I really want
>> to get the Tekram controller working properly.

> I have one of these too.  It does bios translations for the
> boot disk (and possibly others).  You will have to either use
> another disk as boot and mount the drive as a non-boot disk, or
> you will have to backup and clean format and install fresh.

Ok... Guess I'll do that...

> What version of FreeBSD are you using?  What is the sea0 driver
> for?

FreeBSD version is: 2.2-961014-SNAP.  The sea0 driver is an 8-bit ISA
8-bit SCSI controller card.  Amazingly enough, I don't think the
Tekram card is more than about 50% faster that the 8-bit card... The
drive is a 3600rpm, 5MB/s, SCSI-2 one, but I'm planning on getting
fast/wide SCSI from now on.

I canabalized an old XT when I upgraded to a 486 PCI board, and I'm
slowly replacing the stuff from the XT.  I just got the case left,
which I'm not too worried about.

--
Zach Heilig (zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com) | ALL unsolicited commercial email
Support bacteria -- it's the              | is unwelcome.  I avoid dealing