Date:      07 Nov 1996 13:05:24 -0500
From:      Jay Sachs <sachs@interactive.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [??] 2.1.5R : g++ 2.7.2 and _size_t warning

I recently installed gcc 2.7.2.1 & libg++ 2.7.2, and now compiling the
following file:

  // ---- start
  #include <stddef.h>
  #include <string.h>
  // ---- end

gives me the warning:

  /usr/include/string.h:41: warning: abstract declarator used as declaration

(the line in question is
   typedef	_BSD_SIZE_T_	size_t;
)

It's a warning, and not debilitating, but it's annoying.

It doesn't happen if I use the gcc in /usr/bin (the supplied 2.6.3).

Is this a symptom of an improper install of gcc or libg++?
Are there problems running 2.7.2? I noticed FBSD 2.1.5 comes with gcc
2.6.3 - for a reason?
Is there something I can do to eliminate the warnings?

-jay