Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:47:30 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher@yahoo.com>
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD install fails on Dell PowerEdge 600SC server

Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher@yahoo.com> writes:

> If it's of any assistance, I installed 4.7 quickly and cleanly on a 600SC with
> the cheap Dell ATA RAID controller (OEMed from LSI).

Same here. :-)

Had to buy 2 20G drives from them, but this weekend I'll replace them
with 4 120GB drives in RAID5.

OT: what about putting a standby drive on one of the channels as a
slave? yeah, you don't want to do that if both master and slave are
pushing data, but in this case I want the slave there only in the
event one of the masters fails, so I can rebuild the raid with the
spare.