Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 1995 22:58:34 +0100 (MET)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        current@FreeBSD.org (Current's list FreeBSD)
Subject:   MINFREE change to 8%

I've noticed with the change to MINFREE from 5% to 8% that there is
something strange in the ufs/ffs/ffs_alloc.c file :

        case FS_OPTSPACE:
                /*
                 * Allocate an exact sized fragment. Although this makes
                 * best use of space, we will waste time relocating it if
                 * the file continues to grow. If the fragmentation is
                 * less than half of the minimum free reserve, we choose
                 * to begin optimizing for time.
                 */
                request = nsize;
                if (fs->fs_minfree <= 5 ||	<<<<<<<< shouldn't 5 be MINFREE instead ??
                    fs->fs_cstotal.cs_nffree >
                    fs->fs_dsize * fs->fs_minfree / (2 * 100))
                        break;
                log(LOG_NOTICE, "%s: optimization changed from SPACE to TIME\n",
                        fs->fs_fsmnt);
                fs->fs_optim = FS_OPTTIME;
                break;

--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
   FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #1: Mon Mar  6 23:55:18 MET 1995