Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 95 0:10:56 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
Cc:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com, current@FreeBSD.org, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, nate@trout.sri.MT.net
Subject:   Re: NOTICE: If you care, speak now!

> I have no problem with your reluctance to "accept" something "sight unseen".
> I do have a problem with trying to do something with virtually no feedback
> from the intended "users". If you will read my proposals, I am asking for
> an agreement that the group will support a change toward the goals that I
> have stated. If that is achieved, I then ask for acceptance of a specific
> methodology. I would expect the actual changes to be accepted only after
> others have adequately reviewed the work.

I think you will find that *nobody* is against this proposal.  There is
a general consensus that we need to build from a CDROM, that we need to
make it rebuild as little as possible, and that we would like to have
a cross-compilation environment if we can get one to make it easier to
roll in support for other architectures.

I think that everyone is so vehemently for something like this that we
all have rather stong opinions on "the right way to do it" (as evidenced
by the recent "install" 'hoo-raw').

So it's more like "proposal is obvious; what have you got to demo?".

The most formal any architectural committee gets is the comittee of
two on the VM system -- they have the rest of us beat hands down.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.