Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 11:53:03 -0600 (MDT)
From:      evan@probita.com (Evan Polster)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem installing FreeBSD V2.0.5

 Hello,

   I am currently trying to install FreeBSD 2.0.5.

Problem:

   I am running into a problem during the initial copy process
(just after I pressed "commit" to install).

   I get a "write failure on transfer".

What I did:

   I cleaned out an entire SCSI hard disk of 812 Megs by going into
DOS fdisk and removing all logical drives/partitions.

   I followed the instructions to run pfdisk from the /tools
directory to find out what DOS expects to see for size/cylinders/-
sectors.

   I ran the install process and set the Geometry to pfdisk's
values 812/64/32.

   I labeled:

	mount           size

	/usr           100M
	/              300M
        swap           80M

   I commit and watch a bunch of stuff get copied to root.

   It makes it all the way to /usr/sgames and then gets the
"write failure on transfer".

   Bummer.

   Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

  Thanks in advance.