Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 08:54:45 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   NeXT Audio File (.au / .snd) player?

Is there a program out there that will read the header on a NeXT Audio file
and play it?  I have come across a bunch of "play samples" programs, but none
of them will read the NeXT header, and none of them will byte-swap samples.
I had to write my own program to play the 44khz stereo 16-bit sound file my
roommate gave me.  Should I expand this program to be general, or did I just
miss the program that is already out there to do this?

Thanks,
  Bill