Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 17:03:15 +0300
From:      Ozge Uncu <ozge@rorqual.cc.metu.edu.tr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   adding new harddisk

        Hi,

        I have a simple but a terrible problem. I want to add a new harddisk
to my PC but I could not. It is SCSI family harddisk with SCSI ID# 6. But I
can make BIOS to make ID#3. ID#1 and ID#2 is full.

        I have the 1st edition of the book written by Nemeth. In this book
it is claimed that there must be a command like "format", but I couldn't
find it.

        Could you explain how can a new harddisk be added to PC running
FreeBSD on it?

or      Could you address any related reference or document?

        Thanks in advance
  OZGE UNCU
  Industrial Engineering Department
  Middle East Technical University