Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 10:20:46 -0500
From:      Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
To:        Robert Burns <103302.2176@compuserve.com>
Cc:        FreeBsd <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SyQuest SCSI Drives

On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, Robert Burns wrote:

I am running a SyQuest EZ135 External SCSI drive at home.... It is NOT my
boot drive but it will function as a boot drive because the system thinks
it is a 'standard hard disk' that just happens to be removable.... I even
managed to get ti setup as my primary drive but changed my setup because
I wanted it to be usable as a backup device also.....

BTW: I got the drive from a MAC WareHouse for less than I would have
gotten it as ANY PC supplier....

> Hi there,
>
> I have noticed alot of people asking questions about Freebsd support of SyQuest
> drives but I haven't seen anything concrete.  Has someone managed to boot from a
> SyQuest drive installed as a second hard drive.
>
> I went through the entire 2.0.5 install process successfully but when I came to
> boot off sd(1,a)/kernel, I got a repeated error message....
>
> ERROR: C:0 H:0 S:0
>
> What's up? Anyone have the solution yet. I am not subscribed to the mailing list
> so please resond directly.
>
> Robert Burns
> 103302.2176@compuserve.com

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178