Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:45:17 -0500
From:      "Richard Burton" <burtonr@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Configuring PCMCIA ethernet card.

I have just installed FreeBSD 3.2 on a Dell Latitude XPi laptop. It has 32
MB of and approximately 2 gigs HD. I am having trouble trying to configure
my Linksys Etherfast 10/100 Cardbus PC card.

I completed a novice installation of BSD, then bought the ethernet PCMCIA
card. I inserted the card in the upper card slot, booted up the laptop,
logged in as root and tried to use /stand/sysinstall to configure the card.
As far as I can tell, no ethernet interface is appearing in the list of
network interfaces. I have gone through the Complete FreeBSD manual and am
not sure what to do at this point.

*	Am I following the right process?

*	Is this card supported?

*	If the driver does not exist in the basic install, does it exist
anywhere? If it does, where can I download it from and how do I install it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Richard Burton
W715