Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 03:11:46 -0400
From:      "Allen Smith" <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>
To:        "Ilya Balashov" <tsw@inec.ru>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfilter broken in 3.2-stable

On Jun 3,  3:57am, Ilya Balashov (possibly) wrote:
> i using freebsd 3.2-stable with ipfw... for some reasons, i try to change
> ipfw (options IPFIREWALL) and ipf (options IPFILTER)...
>
> but after reconfigure my system with ipfilter (NAT+accounting+some blocking
> rules), i have critical problems with IPfilter internal ftp proxy (using it
> cause kernel panic)

Hmm... any further data available?

> atfer some exploration, i found ipfilter 3.2.10 is latest, but in 3.2-stable
> has 3.2.7
>
> i wrote to Darren Reed, and ask him:
> "can you update IP Filter in 3.2-stable branch???"
> and he answer: "when I get 3.2 cd-rom's, yes"

We're working on an updated version... if you're willing to work with
a beta (testing by more people is definitely desirable), see
http://false.net/ipfilter/1999_07/0041.html for more
information. Signing onto the ipfilter mailing list is also advised;
you probably want to check through the mailing list archives for July.

	-Allen

--
Allen Smith				easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu