Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:24:09 -0500
From:      Tony <tbrock@mail.phoenix.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup gui-mode core dumps?

I'm not exactly sure at what point this started occuring but lately when I try
to use cvsup without the -g flag it crashes and burns with:

-snip-
fdho-w5# cvsup ports-supfile

***
*** runtime error:
***    Segmentation violation - possible attempt to dereference NIL
***    pc = 0x28312fd8 = Cat + 0x18 in ../src/text/Text.m3
***

zsh: abort (core dumped)  cvsup ports-supfile
-snap-

Is this modula 3 bailing out?  cvsup -g ports-supfile works and has kept me
current with the stable branch but I'm curious as to why it decided it no longer
wants to run under X.

fdho-w5# cvsup -v
CVSup client, GUI version
Software version: REL_16_0
Protocol version: 16.0
http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/
Report problems to cvsup-bugs@polstra.com

I haven't sent anything to cvsup-bugs as in most cases it's not a bug when I
have a problem.  More than likely an unnoticed configuration mishap.

Any ideas?

Tony