Date:      Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:02:20 -0400
From:      "Toll, Eric" <etoll@vipstructures.com>
To:        <pav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Francisco <francisco@natserv.net>, freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: What kind of MotherBoard is better for FreeBsd and linux?

> Subject: RE: What kind of MotherBoard is better for
FreeBsd and linux?
>=20
> Toll, Eric p=ED=B9e v po 13. 06. 2005 v 09:27 -0400:
>=20
> > I *did* put quite a lot of info into the notes, but they

> (the person=20
> > updating the HTML) truncated it to: "SATA untested" for
the=20
> Gigabyte=20
> > board I submitted (GA-7A8DW) -- I had a small paragraph
of notes to=20
> > include which again were *truncated*.
>=20
> That person was me. Honestly, the rest of your submission
was=20
> about parts you plugged into the board, which obviously
does=20
> not belong into the _motherboard_ entry.
>=20
> If people feel like we should have RAID cards on=20
> FreeBSD/amd64 list, we should start one :)

Hmm,  if the reason that a particular component on the MB
was untested was due to a known existing glitch *and* a
workround/improvement is provided then I feel it should be
listed.

Thanks for helping out with the AMD64 project.

I appreciate your efforts.

Kind Regards,

Eric