Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:40:38 +0300
From:      "Artis Caune" <artis.caune@gmail.com>
To:        "Yury Michurin" <yury.michurin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x3550 ServeRAID-8k and FBSD 7, group limit

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:34 PM, Yury Michurin <yury.michurin@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are currently considering to purchase IBM x3550 with ServeRAID-8k, in
> order to run FreeBSD 7 with RAID5,
> but it is very unclear from what I've saw on the Internet, whether the
> driver support on FreeBSD is stable enough for production use,

don't buy 160Gb hot-swap SATA disks (Hitachi), because they don't work
with adaptec raid controller.

There are "COMMAND TIMEOUTS" and after while controller is loosing one
of drives, then another.
This is hardware problem and we are waiting for IBM (while they write
firmware) to replace 30 such "bad" disks.

Other SATA and SAS disks works fine.

btw, if you are using gjournal, BIO_FLUSH is not supported by aac. But
it's more like warning, not error.

--
regards,
Artis Caune